Within the compliance risk management process, Bank Millennium considers the following areas to be especially significant:
- preventing money laundering and financing of terrorism,
- ensuring compliance of Bank Millennium’s internal regulations with generally applicable provisions of law and with recommendations formulated by regulatory authorities,
- preventing and managing conflicts of interest,
- observing ethical principles,
- personal transactions,
- protecting confidential information and information subject to professional secrecy,
- monitoring and ensuring compliance with respect to the financial products and services covered by the EU MiFID2 directive.
A report on the functioning of the compliance supervision system is presented quarterly to the Bank’s Management Board and the Supervisory Board’s Audit Committee and annually to the Supervisory Board.
[GRI 419-1] No fines for non-compliance with the law or regulations were imposed on the basis of a legally binding judgment on the Bank in 2019.