|Energy-efficient building of the Bank’s head office
||the savings in energy and water consumption are affected, among others, by the use of LED lights in corridors and parts of the garage, heat recovery in ventilation units, fancoils switched to an economic mode at night, silent operation of the central heating unit at night; light turned off on a temporary basis after 6:00 p.m., rainwater collection and use system. The office building has a BREEAM certificate for environmentally-friendly buildings.
|Energy savings in branches
- replacement of light sources in external advertising panels of the branches, from traditional fluorescent lamps to energy-saving LED light sources;
- limited operation of external advertising panels (they are turned off at midnight);
- energy-efficient light sources in new or upgraded branches.
|Rational management of energy consumption
- Air conditioning is set at 21 degrees Celsius and ceases to operate after working hours;
- reduction of temperature in rooms with continuous power supply devices from 21 to 18 degrees Centigrade;
- virtualization of servers has made is possible to reduce the number of physical hardware in the computer center, which drove down energy consumption for power supply and air conditioning;
- regular replacement of computer hardware with newer hardware offering lower power consumption;
- reduction of power capacity of backup power supply units at the head office in Gdańsk and Warsaw from 120kW to 80kW.
|Water and energy consumption is monitored on an ongoing basis
||Based on the financial data, a ranking of energy recipient by its consumption is prepared. Branches with the highest energy consumption rates are controlled and recommendations for building administrator companies are implemented. Similarly, in the event of high utility bills it is verified whether the consumption is correct and whether or not any devices or installations have broken down.
|Design of services
||The processes in the mobile and internet banking system are designed to take as little time as possible and involve the least amount of formalities. The agreements are signed with an SMS password signature, which saves paper and energy (by reducing the time of work with the computer or the phone).
|Optimization of water consumption
- installation of water perlators in toilets and kitchens;
- setting the optimum water usage level in toilet flush tanks