Accessibility of financial services for the disabled
In addition to the chain of 369 outlets, we provide our services through the Internet, mobile and telephone banking system and a chain of 490 of our own ATMs. The services are offered 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and thanks to the multiple distribution channels, access to our products and services is virtually unlimited.
Bank Millennium offers the following solutions to facilitate access to its services for the disabled:
- In cooperation with the Widzialni (“Visible”) Foundation, the website and the Internet banking site are updated on an ongoing basis to satisfy the needs of the blind and visually impaired. The Bank’s website is designed to be accessible through screen readers, controlled by the keyboard (mouse does not have to be used for navigation), available to be read in the high contrast mode and contains the text magnification function. The text on the website has been edited for simplicity and comprehensibility.
- ATMs with facilities for people with vision and movement impairments. Disabled people with movement impairments can use the number keypad instead of function buttons next to the screen, which means that they do not have to reach too high near the screen. People with vision impairments on the other hand may use a special contrast screen mode and voice messages after headphones are connected to the ATM;
- Access to outlets with architectural barriers: more than 90% of the bank’s branches is accessible for the disabled;
- Sitting customer service stations accessible to wheelchairs;
- Service over the phone – clients using the Bank’s Hotline can use the voice command feature during the call instead of using the phone’s keypad;
- Easier signing of agreements – blind or visually impaired persons or people who cannot read can still sign an agreement with the Bank on their own in the presence of two employees of the outlet or a witness trusted by the customer. In such cases, an outlet employee can also read the agreement aloud and/or in the case of customers who cannot write, they can sign using a fingerprint.
- Service standards of the disabled – detailed guidelines regarding the service of disabled clients, which are binding on the employees of all of the Bank’s outlets.
to disabled persons
Accessibility of Services
|Number of outlets||369||413||423||439||447|
|% of outlets accessible to disabled persons||90%||89%||89%||88%||87%|
|Number of ATMs||490||519||539||555||566|
|% ATMs accessible to disabled persons||100%||100%||100%||89%||89%|
Distinction in the Website Without Barriers competition
Bank Millennium has received a distinction in the Website Without Barriers competition for adapting its website to the needs of the disabled, elderly and at risk of digital exclusion. The facilities for the impaired included, among others: ATMs adapted to the needs of those with sight and movement dysfunctions, telephone service, method of signing agreements, branch access for the disabled and introduction of service standards catering to the disabled.
Development of best practices
Bank’s employees take part in the work of a Polish Bank Association Committee preparing the updated version of the Best Disabled Customer Service Practices for Banks.